Creamy and quick to throw together this is a great family recipe. You could add pan fried tofu or tempeh instead of chickpeas. For a meat version use chicken breasts cut into chunks. Sweet potatoes are a great nutritious carbohydrate – rich in carotenoids and soluble fibre they are great for gut health. Simply serve with some steamed leafy greens or a salad. Delicious!!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves – 4
What’s good about it?
Sweet potatoes are packed with antioxidants and plenty of fibre to support your gut microbiome. Add in plenty of protein to keep energy levels high through the day.
- Place the garlic, ginger, chilli and lime with a little water in a processor and blend to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and add the onion, spice paste and chickpeas.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the sweet potato and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, coconut milk and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the coriander leaves and serve.
Nutrition per serving 338kcal, Fat 13.6g, Carbohydrates 37.8g, Protein 10.8g
Did you Know?
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days. You could also freeze this in portions for up to 3 months.
2 garlic clove, crushed
2cm piece of fresh root ginger, grated
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
Zest and 1tbsp lime juice
1tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 x cans of chickpeas, drained
250g/9oz sweet potato, cut into cubes (about 2 small potatoes)
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
Handful of green beans, cut in half
3 tomatoes, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 x can (400g) coconut milk
Handful of coriander leaves, chopped