A simple one pot chicken dish which is dairy free thanks to the additional of coconut milk. Leftovers will also make a delicious lunch with salad. Serve with salad or steamed greens. For a vegan alternative you can substitute for firm tofu or tempeh.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
What’s Good About It?
A simple one pot chicken dish high in protein and packed with a range of antioxidant rich vegetables.
- Rub chicken with sea salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. If using tofu cut into chunks, dry and season.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large shallow saute pan. Cook for about 5 minutes. Flip over and then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place on a plate.
- Add the rest of the oil then stir in the garlic, onion and cook for 2 minutes
- Pour in the coconut milk and season.
- Add in the chicken, cherry tomatoes, pot of olives and sundried tomatoes. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked
- Mix the cornflour with a little water to slacken
- Stir in the spinach and cornflour mixture and stir to thicken the sauce.
Nutrition per serving: 331kcal, Fat 15.4g, Carbohydrates 9.3g, Protein 37.3g
Did You Know?
Making use of jars of sundried tomatoes or roasted peppers is an easy way to add in additional vegetables with speed
2 tbsps olive oil
4 large chicken breasts, cut into half. (or 400g tofu or tempeh)
2 tsps Italian seasoning
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1tsp crushed garlic
1 onion, chopped
200ml coconut milk (from a can or soy milk)
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 pot of Halkidiki Olives With Slow Roasted Tomatoes 160G
1 bag (250g) baby spinach leaves
Handful of basil leaves or parsley if wished to serve