Another fabulous one pot dish – the combination of shredded chicken with spinach and peas in a creamy sauce is perfect for fuss free suppers. You can vary the vegetables according to what you have available.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What’s Good About It?
A simple nourishing dish packed with protein and vegetables making it low carb but incredibly filling. Serve with a mixed salad for a simple family dish. This can also be frozen.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthways or quarters if large. Place the chicken breasts and chicken stock in a large casserole / pan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the butterbeans, green chiles, Tabasco sauce, onion powder, garlic salt into the pan and stir well.
- Mix in the dairy free cream cheese, spinach and peas. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes,.
- Mix the cornflour with the water to create a smooth paste. Add to the pan and stir to thicken the sauce.
- Season with black pepper, Serve with a little grated dairy free cheese (or regular cheese) on top if wished .
Nutrition per serving 329kcal, Fat 10.2g, Carbohydrates 23.6g, Protein 32.2g
Did You Know?
You can add other vegetables according to what you have available – canned sweetcorn is another easy option.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
400ml chicken stock
1 can of butterbeans, drained
2tbsp sliced green jalapenos (from a jar, drained)
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (red or green)
1/2 tsp onion powder
¼ tsp garlic salt
150g dairy free cream cheese (or use regular cream cheese)
250g bag of spinach leaves
200g frozen peas
1 tbsp cornflour
1-2 tbsp water
Black pepper to taste
Grated parmesan or dairy free cheese to serve, optional