I am a big fan of one pots – simple to prepare without loads of washing up either. This is a delicious creamy chicken dish and ideal for using up any cooked leftover vegetables in the fridge. I have kept this dairy free by using a dairy free cream cheese and nutritional yeast flakes for a wonderful creamy texture. Leftovers will also keep well in the fridge for the following day. Serve with just a green salad or cooked rice / quinoa. If you have a COOK EXPERT Magimix this can be easily cooked in the metal bowl – see instructions below.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 27 minutes
What’s Good About It?
This dish provides plenty of protein and is ideal for cramming in loads of vegetables too. If you have any cooked leftover vegetables add these at the end of cooking.
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan and cover with the hot chicken stock. Cover the pan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the chicken to a wooden board. Using forks shred the chicken then place back into the pan with stock.
- Add the spring onions, sweetcorn, peppers, chickpeas, cream cheese spices and nutritional yeast flakes and stir briefly.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes – stir occasionally.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a paste. Add to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Garnish with additional spring onions and coriander leaves
For COOK EXPERT MAGIMIX
Place the chicken and hot stock in the metal bowl. Select EXPERT 15 minutes / 0 / 100C
Shred the chicken as above and place back into the metal bowl with the stock. Add the remaining ingredients as above and give it a stir. Select EXPERT 10 minutes / 0/ 100C
Give the chicken another stir as you add in the cornflour mixture. Select EXPERT 1-2 minutes / 0/ 120C to thicken the sauce
Did You Know?
Any canned beans could be used in this recipe – butter beans or cannellini beans would work well.
500g mini chicken breast fillets, defrosted if frozen
500ml hot chicken stock
4 spring onions, sliced
1 x can sweetcorn, drained
1 red pepper, sliced
1 green or yellow pepper, sliced
1tsp smoked paprika
1tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1tsp ground cumin
Black pepper to taste
1 x can chickpeas or butter beans, drained
2tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
100g dairy free cream cheese
coriander leaves and spring onions to garnish