A delicious nourishing chocolate fudge. The addition of colostrum makes it perfect for support gut health, immune function and intestinal permeability as well as adding a delicious creamy taste. You make up a big batch of this fudge and keep it in freezer for up to 3 months if wished. Rich in healthy fats and protein this is an ideal pick me up snack too.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation
Makes about 20 pieces
What’s good about it?
Colostrum is one of the most effective healing nutrients for intestinal permeability. If you are sensitive to dairy then use collagen powder instead. Find out more about colostrum on our blog
- Line a 20cm square shallow tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the cashew nuts and walnuts in a food processor and process until fine. Melt the cacao butter, oil, syrup and xylitol in a small pan. Stir well until the xylitol has dissolved.
- Pour the wet ingredients together with the remaining ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down. Place in the fridge to set – about 3-4 hours. Cut into small chunks to serve.
- Store in the fridge or freeze.
Did you Know?
You could vary the nuts in the this recipe. Almonds, pecans, hazelnuts would all be delicious options. Instead of colostrum you could substitute Whey Protein powder.
60g cashew nuts
100g walnuts or pecans
30g colostrum powder
75g / ½ cup cacao butter
75g / ½ cup coconut oil
60g / ¼ cup coconut syrup or maple syrup
30g raw cacao powder or chocolate protein powder
50g coconut flour
1tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt