You can assemble this salad in about 15 minutes making it perfect for days when you don’t really feel like cooking. You can use ready cooked prawns or buy a bag of raw prawns and pan fry them with a little spice.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time (if using raw prawns) 5-6 minutes
What’s Good About It?
This colourful salad is super healthy and substantial enough for a main meal. Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for lunch the next day. The addition of avocado also provides plenty of healthy monounsaturated fats and vitamin E.
- Make the dressing. Place all the ingredients in a small bowl or a jar and whisk or shake vigorously to combine. This can be kept in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- If you are using raw prawns, heat a frying pan with a little oil. Cook the prawns for about 5-6 minutes until pink and cooked through. Sprinkle with a little black pepper and paprika if wished. Allow the prawns to cool.
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl with the remaining vegetables and scatter over the prawns. Season with a little black pepper.
- Drizzle over a little of the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve with additional dressing if wished.
Nutrition per serving with dressing: 215kcal, Fat 10.5g, Carbs 13.5g, Protein 14.3g
Did You Know?
For a vegan option substitute the prawns for pan fried tofu or cans of chickpeas or butterbeans.
3 oranges, peeled and sliced
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
Bag of mixed green leaves
1 small red onion, finely sliced
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
300g cooked prawns or use raw prawns
Juice of 1 orange
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp grated ginger
Salt and Black pepper