A delicious warming muffin – perfect for the festive season. Using bananas is a great way to avoid using eggs. They also provide plenty of sweetness and natural moisture. You can freeze these muffins for up to 1 month.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 20 minutes cooking
Makes 8 muffins
What’s good about it?
Bananas are rich in pectin and resistant starch making them a great digestive aid. They also provide plenty of potassium and magnesium – two nutrients for heart health.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4
- Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor (or beat in a bowl) until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and smooth the tops.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool in the tin for five minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
Did You Know?
Cinnamon is a great addition to meal to support healthy blood sugar. It helps improve insulin sensitivity and slow the breakdown of carbohydrates. Just 1/2 tsp is enough for benefits
2 bananas, mashed
60g almond nut butter or tahini
1tbsp olive oil
60g gluten free self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
pinch of mixed spice
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda