These make a delicious breakfast or snack option – being high in protein and fibre yet low in sugar they are ideal to kick start your day or as a post workout treat. I steamed these little cakes but you could microwave them or bake them in the oven if preferred.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Almond flour is a wonderful low carb, high fibre flour to use in baking. It has a low glycemic index and provides healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Lightly grease 3 ramekins or small heatproof mugs.
- Simply place all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a food processor and process until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spoon the batter into the ramekins and top with a few extra chocolate chips if wished.
- Steam the puddings for 15 minutes. Alternatively microwave for 2 minutes – the time will depend on your microwave. You can also bake these in an oven 180C, for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with a little melted chocolate drizzled on top.
Did You Know?
For a gooey chocolate centre instead of the chocolate chips place a square of dark chocolate into the centre of each pudding before cooking.
3 large eggs
40g unsalted Butter or dairy free spread
1tsp Vanilla Extract
90g almond flour
30g xylitol or erythritol
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1tsp baking powder
30g chocolate chips