This is a great paleo bread recipe. Ideal for those times when you crave carbs and perfect for breakfast, lunches and snacks. Sweetened with banana and rich in protein thanks to the addition of nut butter. It will help stabilise blood sugar and keep energy levels high. Serve plain or spread with a little coconut butter.
Time – 15 minutes preparation time, 40-45 minutes cooking time
Serves – Makes 1 loaf
What’s good about it?
A delicious sweet bread packed with protein and low in added sugars. Banana provides plenty of sweetness and natural fibre.
- Heat the oven to 180C gas mark 4
- Grease a 2lb loaf pan and line it with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the banana, eggs, lemon juice, coconut butter and almond nut butter in a food processor.
- Add the coconut flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cocoa powder and blend.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes . Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out
Did you Know?
This is a great recipe for making us of very ripe bananas. Any nut butter can be used in this recipe.
4 bananas, medium
60g coconut oil
1tbsp lemon juice
125g almond butter or other nut butter
60g coconut flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
2tsp baking powder
1tbsp ground cinnamon
2-3tbsp cocoa powder