This is always a big hit with the boys. A lovely creamy tasting fudge with additional protein powder and maca to support adrenal health. Maca is a well known adrenal adaptogen making this the perfect pick me up treat. I like to make a batch of this around Christmas too – makes an ideal present rather than sweets or traditional chocolates.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes
Serves – 32 pieces
What’s good about it?
Maca is a well known adaptogen meaning it helps the body cope with the stress it is experiencing. With a subtle caramel flavour it adds a lovely creamy flavour to the fudge.
- In a food processor grind up the nuts until fine. Add the protein powder, cinnamon, maca and lucuma and process again to combine.
- Place the chocolate in a pan with the tahini and melt over a low heat.
- Add the dates and melted chocolate in a food processor and process to form a smooth dough.
- Place the mixture into a lined 20cm / 8 inch shallow square tin and press down firmly.
- Chill for 3-4 hours until hard. Cut into chunks to serve.
- This will keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. You can also freeze the fudge for up to 3 months.
Did You Know?
Tahini is one of the best vegan sources of calcium and magnesium to support healthy nervous system and bone health. Instead of tahini you could use any nut butter.
Makes 30-36 pieces
50g chocolate protein powder
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tbsp maca powder
2tsp lucuma powder
200g dairy free, sugar free chocolate chips
75g light tahini
150g pitted soft dates (soaked in water and drained)