These chocolate coated raw bars are perfect after a workout. With just a handful of ingredients these are super easy to make and ideal for when you want something sweet. I used a dairy free chocolate for the topping to keep this vegan.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes plus freezing time
Makes around 8 bars
What’s good about it?
Coconut flour is a great grain free addition in breads, bars and cookies. High in fibre too it can help support healthy gut flora and digestive health.
- Line a small square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl or food processor combine all the ingredients until smooth. It should be thick and soft.
- Spread the mixture into the lined baking dish and smooth the top. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small pan over a low heat. Stir until melted. Pour over the peanut butter layer. Transfer to the freezer to harden for 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into bars. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Did you Know?
Any nut butter could be used in this recipe. I used a pea protein powder but any protein powder would work.
Makes about 8 bars
250g peanut butter or other nut butter
5tbsp maple syrup or sweet freedom
60g coconut flour
1 scoop of protein powder
pinch of salt
150g dairy free chocolate
2tsp coconut oil