I love this no bake recipe. So simple to make and protein rich thanks to the addition of cashew nuts and cashew nut butter. It is also grain free making it paleo friendly. My kids love this bar. A great healthy treat. Make up a big batch, cut it up into bars and freeze. Delicious straight from the freezer.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes plus chilling time
Serves – 12 bars
What’s good about it?
Many shop bought bars are full of syrups and sugar. This delicious treat is protein rich thanks to the addition of nuts and contains plenty of healthy fats. Using xylitol helps keep the sugar content low. You can freeze this bar so why not make up a big batch so you have a healthy treat always to hand.
- Line a square 20cm baking tin with baking parchment paper. Place the cashew nuts in a food processor and grind up to form a flour.
- Add the coconut flour and coconut and pulse to combine. Add the lemon juice, dates, cashew nut butter and process to break up the dates and combine into the mixture. Pulse in the berries and seeds. Make sure they are thoroughly mixed.
- With wet hands press the mixture into the tin. Press down firmly.
- Melt the chocolate and oil in a pan over a low heat. Once melted pour over the bar.
- Chill in the fridge until firm Cut into bars to serve.
Makes 16 bars
150g cashew nuts
50g coconut flour
60g desiccated coconut
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
115g soft pitted dates
50g cashew nut butter
50g dried berries
30g mixed seeds
150g dairy free, sugar free chocolate
1tbsp coconut oil