These delicious protein and gluten free cookies are so simple to make. You can use any protein powder of choice in this recipe – they are perfect for an afternoon pick me up or post workout treat.
Difficulty – Easy
Time – 15 minutes preparation, 12 minutes cooking
Makes: 8 cookies
What’s good about it?
Aquafaba – the liquid from a can of chickpeas makes a great alternative to eggs in this recipe. A scoop of protein powder to mixture is a great way to boost the overall protein intake but you could use gluten free flour or ground almonds instead.
- Place the olive oil, vanilla, aquafaba and xylitol in a bowl and whisk until the mixture looks thick and pale.
- Sift in the flour, protein powder, cornflour and bicarbonate of soda and gradually beat in until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill the mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up slightly
- Lightly grease a baking tray. Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Take pieces of the mixture and place on the tray then press down lightly to form round cookies.
- Bake the cookies for about 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes then place on a rack to cool completely.
Did You Know?
Swap the chocolate protein powder for a vanilla flavour if wished. Dried cranberries or raisins would make a delicious alternative to the chocolate chips.
50g dairy free spread or coconut oil, melted
1tsp vanilla extract
30ml aquafaba (drained liquid from a can of chickpeas)
75g gluten free plain flour
30g chocolate protein powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
30g dairy free chocolate chips