With just a handful of ingredients these chocolate truffles are low in sugar and a great source of monounsaturated fats. The addition of chocolate protein powder gives these little bites a fabulous protein boost too. Perfect as a pick me up treat esp after a workout.
Makes around 22 truffles
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 30 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Dark chocolate is a great source of antioxidants and the addition of protein powder is an easy way to get a little extra protein. Avocado is a good source of fibre and monounsaturated fats.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil over a low heat.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process to combine.
- You should end up with a soft dough. If it is too wet then blend in a little more cocoa powder
- Scatter some additional cocoa powder on a tray.
- Take bite size pieces of the mixture and roll into balls. Place on the tray and dust in a little cocoa powder or desiccated coconut
- Place in the fridge and allow to chill to firm up slightly.
- These will keep in the fridge for 1 week.
Nutritionals per truffle: 68kcal, Fat 4.1g, Carbohydrates 5.1g, Protein 2.6g
Did You Know?
For additional flavour try adding some vanilla extract or the zest of an orange.
200g dark chocolate
1tsp coconut oil
40g chocolate protein powder
30g raw cacao powder
1 ripe avocado
cocoa powder or desiccated coconut for rolling