A fabulous one pot meal, simple to create and lovely and comforting for an evening meal. You can vary the vegetables in this soup according to what is in the fridge. The Dumplings are super easy to make and can be flavoured with fresh herbs as well as dried if wished.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Packed with protein and vegetables for plenty of antioxidants and fibre this is the ideal meal in a bowl.
- Dice the carrots, celery and onion.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole pan / saucepan and add the vegetables. Stir well and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the chicken is opaque.
- Add all the other ingredients except the soy cream. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the dumplings. Place the flour, baking powder, salt, herbs, yeast flakes in a bowl and mix well. Add the olive oil and mix. Gradually add enough soy milk to great a soft dough / batter.
- Stir the soy cream into the pan then take small spoonfuls of the dumpling batter and drop into the pan. Cover the pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the dumplings have increased in size and are cooked. Season to taste.
- Spoon into bowls to serve.
Cook Expert Instructions
- Place the onion and carrots in the metal bowl. Select EXPERT time 5 seconds / Speed 14 and process.
- Scrape down the sides. Add the oil. Select EXPERT 2 minutes / 1A/ 100C
- Add the chicken pieces. Select EXPERT 2 minutes / 1A/ 100C
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the soy cream and Select EXPERT 10 minutes / 1A/110C
- Meanwhile make the dumplings. Place the flour, baking powder, salt, herbs, yeast flakes in a bowl and mix well. Add the olive oil and mix. Gradually add enough soy milk to great a soft dough / batter
- Add the soy cream and stir. Place small spoonfuls of the batter and drop into the soup – space them a little apart from each other.
- Place on the lid and cap and select EXPERT 5 minutes / 0 / 110C
- Spoon into bowls and serve.
Did You Know?
Try adding some frozen peas or baby spinach to this dish – add these when you add the dumplings.
125g gluten free self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1tsp Dried mixed herbs
1tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
2tbsp light olive oil
4-5tbsp soy milk
2 small onions
1 celery stalk
2tbsp olive oil
450g chicken breast cut into large chunks
1/2 tsp garlic crushed
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
pinch of black pepper
400ml hot chicken stock
can of sweetcorn, drained
250ml soy cream