Ideal as a prepare ahead breakfast or packed lunch. Feel free to use a range of vegetables: broccoli, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes are delicious. If preferred you can bake the mixture in individual muffin tins.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
What’s Good About It?
High in protein and a low in carbs this is an ideal energising breakfast or lunch option.
- Grease a rectangular baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cut the asparagus stalks into 1inch slices.
- Add the onions and asparagus to the pan and cook over a low heat for 3 minutes until softened. Add the pea and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Scatter the vegetables in the bottom of the tin.
- Beat the eggs with seasoning and and a dash of milk. Stir in the parsley and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until firm.
Nutrition per serving 209kcal, Fat 15.5g, Carbohydrates 1.1g, Protein 15.7g
Did You Know?
Serve this hot or cold. Perfect as a packed lunch option with additional salad. This can keep in the fridge for 3 days.
About 6 asparagus stalks
1tbsp olive oil
4 spring onions, sliced
60g frozen peas
1-2tbsp milk of choice
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1tbsp fresh parsley chopped
60g grated cheese or dairy free cheese