This is one of my favourite ways to flavour a side of salmon. Full of Asian flavours it has a wonderful sweet tangy flavour. Serve with pickled ginger and steamed greens for a simple, healthy dish.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Salmon is an oily fish rich in omega 3 fats known for their anti-inflammatory and heart healthy benefits. It is also a great source of easy to digest protein providing all the essential amino acids the body needs.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Make up the marinade – simply whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place the salmon in a shallow baking tray lined with baking parchment. Pour over the marinade and ideally allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cover the salmon with baking parchment and then cover the whole tray with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, half way through baste with some of the marinade.
- Remove the foil and parchment and place the salmon under a grill for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
- Serve with the warm marinade poured over the top and accompany with pickled ginger and lemon wedges
Open the foil parcel and grill for 2-3 minutes to crisp up the skin. Any remaining marinade you can place in a small pan and simmer until syrupy. Strain through a sieve and use to drizzle over the cooked salmon
Did You Know?
You can use this marinade over chicken breasts or individual fillets of salmon
1 slide of wild salmon
110ml tamari soy sauce
110ml rice wine vinegar
1tsp crushed garlic
2 spring onions, chopped
1tsp chopped ginger
2tbsp honey, maple syrup
3 star anise
Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Pickled sushi ginger to serve
Lemon wedges to garnish