This is such a simple pizza base – just gluten free flour and Greek Yogurt. With no kneading, proving you can create a delicious healthy pizza in minutes. Simply scatter over your favourite toppings and bake. If you are watching the calories then take care with the amount and types of toppings you use. For protein try slices of cooked chicken or wafer ham, low fat cheese or dairy free cheese.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
What’s Good About It?
Using low fat Greek yogurt keeps the calories down in this pizza base. Choose a selection of colourful vegetables for an antioxidant boost.
- Make the base: place the flour and yogurt in a bowl and mix together until it forms a soft dough. If wished you can add a little xanthum gum to help it bind together.
- Preheat the oven to 220C, Gas mark 6
- Line a baking tray or pizza base with baking parchment. Place the dough on the tray and roll out or press with your hands to form a thin circle or rectangle.
- In a pan heat the oil and lightly fry the peppers for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Spoon the pizza sauce over the base of the pizza. Top with the peppers and other vegetables and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-23 minutes until crisp and golden. Scatter with basil leaves to serve.
Nutritionals per serving: 364kcal, Fat 9.4g, Carbs 53.3g, Protein 14g
285g Total Greek Yogurt 0% fat (or thick coconut yogurt)
210g self raising gluten free flour
1/4 tsp xanthum gum, optional
1tsp olive oil
1 red pepper, thinly sliced or diced
1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced or diced
200g Jar of Pizza sauce or passata
60g Black pitted olives
100g low fat cheese or dairy free cheese
Handful of basil leaves to serve